Which requirements must I have to apply?
- Passport valid for traveling;
- Regular visa or residency permit, for foreign citizens;
- Age between 18 and 35 at the time of submitting the application;
- Knowledge, both written and spoken, of the English language;
- Availability for dialogue, ability to adapt and to work in groups;
- Availability to deal with new methods and new working models;
- 3 years minimum of professional experience proven by the CV;
- Availability during the activity periods indicated in the Call.
It is desirable for participants to have an interest in the international contemporary scene, and an attention to models of stage writing that propose both traditional and alternative forms for interdisciplinary creation.
Where and when will the project activities take place?
The activities will take place from June 2023 to September 2024, both in person and remotely online, according to the following calendar:
June 2023: preliminary activity in virtual way.
September 2023: creative residency in Tunis.
From November 2023 until September 2024: a second creative residencies and presentation of artistic projects (work in progress).
Each couple or work group will take minimum 2 residences each (including the first one in Tunis). Each residency foresees a length between 7 to 10 days (including travel days).
Each artist will be provided the means to carry out 2 residencies which may increase depending on the skills and competences of the participants (ability to network, intercept additional resources/grants, participate in public calls, etc.).
Will the activities require a physical presence?
The artistic residences will be held in person while the continuation of the project will be carried out through online/remote meetings.
Attendance, both online and in person, is mandatory.
When will I know if I'm one of the selected participants?
The selected candidates will be contacted via email within May 30th, 2023.
To which professionals is the call addressed?
The call is open to figures such as playwrights, directors, performers, choreographers, dancers, performers, set designers, videomakers, visual artists, producers, etc., and in general to those figures considered fundamental to the creative and production process.
How will the residencies work?
The residencies are aimed at creating couples or work groups that will have to synergistically develop an original artistic study-project around the chosen theme.
Work groups formation will be carried out with the help of tutors, selected by the R-Evolution partners, during the first residency in Tunis scheduled for September (from the 11th until the 20th approximately), and after careful evaluation of the different artistic and poetic aesthetics of every participant.
Will the artistic projects be shown to the public?
The artistic projects will be presented within a widespread festival (open to the audience) that will be organized at the partners’ headquarters (approximately summer of 2024).
Will I have to pay for the residencies?
The Organization will take upon itself to guarantee participants:
- Per diem and accommodation, according to a spirit of sharing (apartments, B&B, hospitality, etc.) and adaptability (except for residents or domiciled in the cities where the activities are located);
- National and international journeys in tourist class (except for residents or domiciled in the cities where the activities are located);
- A research grant of 1.000 euros gross.
Submit your application by May 6th for an opportunity to participate in a professional course of residencies, meetings and cross-cultural comparisons to develop an original artistic project.