12 participants | 7 partners | 1 festival
The open call R-Evolution Project aims to promote a professional path in the contemporary creation scene, to offer participants an international experience in the euro-mediterreanean, in order to foster an intercultural dialogue and the empowerment of young creatives under 35 careers.
Participants will take part to residences, meetings and exhanges between Italy and Greece and, with the support of mentors, will have the chance to develop an art project, as a result of the cooperation path, that will be presented at the final festival that will be held in the cities involved in the project.
// who is addressed to
Under 35 artists e creatives, as playwrights, directors, producers/organizers, videomakers, set designers, graphic designers, etc.
// what is about
R-Ev is a cycle of art residences between Italy and Greece, during which 12 selected young artists and creatives will have the chance to develop original projects that will be presented during a final festival held in the cities involved in the project.
// how to get involved
You can apply sending a mail to email@example.com within Marzo 12th, 2021, with all the documents and materials requested in the call.
Nuovo Teatro Sanità (Naples, IT) // Sardegna Teatro (Cagliari, IT) // Scena Nuda (Reggio Calabria, IT) // Teatro della Città (Catania, IT) // Greek Art Theatre Karolos Koun (Athens, GR) // Between the Seas Mediterranean Performing Lab (Athens, GR) // Primavera dei Teatri (Castrovillari, IT) // with the support of Fondazione Terzo Pilastro Internazionale (FTPI)
Which requirements i need to have to apply?
- have an Identity Card, valid to travel within the EU, or a valid Passport; if foreign citizens (not UE), have a regular visa or residency permit
- be available to travel (in the months of May, September, October and November)
- be aged between 18 and not over 35 at the time of the submission of the application
- have knowledge, both written and spoken, of the English language
- be willing to for dialogue and be able to adapt and to work in groups
- be willing to deal with new methods and new working models
- have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, proven by the CV
- be available during the periods of activity indicated in the Call
Where and when the project activities will be held?
Activities will be held from april to december 2021 in Italy and Greece:
- April – preliminary activities (remote work)
- May – creative residency in Naples
- June, July, August – development of the original art projects previously defined
- September – creative residency and project presentation in Greece
- October and November – festival over the territories involved
- December – final meeting in Naples
Will the activities require a physical presence?
The creative residences will require a physical presence, but a part of the work will be carried out virtually. Live residences will take place in Naples in may, in Athens in september, and in october and november in Italy between Cagliari, Reggio Calabria, Naples. All the activities will be organized and managed according to the current safety measures and all the measures that will be established after the publication of the call.
When will i know if i'm one of the selected participants?
All the selected participants will receive a mail within April 12th, 2021.
To which professionals is addressed the call?
The call is open to professionals like playwrights, directors, actors, choreographers, dancers, performers, set designers, videomakers, visual artists, producers, etc. and to all those figures involved in the creative and art production processes.
How will the residences work?
Residences are finalized to match participants in work couples or groups that will have the chance to develop together an original art project regarding one or more themes that will be defined during the work sessions. Application as group or company is forbidden, only individual application is allowed.
Work groups or couples will be formed spontaneously during the first residency in Naples in the month of may, according to the exchanges about the poetic and aesthetic artistic vision of each participant.
Will i be able to show my artistic work in public?
The art projects developed during R-Ev will be presented and showcased during a final festival open to the public, that will be held between october and november at Nuovo Teatro Sanità in Naples and in all the partner’s venues.
There will also be a final project meeting in december in Naples, Italy.
Will i have to pay for the residences?
The organization will guarantee to all participants selected:
- room and board, according to a sharing spirit (apartments, B&Bs, hospitality, etc.), except for artists that live in the cities involved in the project;
- national and international trips, economy class (except for artists that live or are resident in the cities involved in the project);
- a reasearch scholarship for a total amount of 1.200 € (gross amount)